Sunday, September 7, 2008

walking on eggshells

I would like to start an argument with myself. One that will place me in a position where I can explore my own thoughts. A feeling of misunderstanding and vague. I would like for Eduard to point out all my insecurities and mistakes one day, but not today. For my boundaries are caving in and I’m out of legroom --it's my turn to exhale. Being afraid of the type of reaction I’m going to get, I speak louder, LOUDER!, I said. For only the air is molded with ears that can inhale my noise. I will explain scriptures that only I can encrypt. This language of mine that I have kept hidden from him. I am almost there, I gently whisper. This silence that has been laid away for Armageddon. You see, reactions are critical in Eduard’s chapters. He plans ahead as if everything had already happened. Don’t capture it Eduard, let it surprise you. I am not here right now, but when I arrive I’ll be sure to let myself know your listening in. Break through your selfish ways and think of a time when a smile polluted your skin, and then, only then, allow me to open up your mind. For Eduard once said, “I inch deeper for affection to feel my presence” and had never again repeated himself there after. I enjoy his company as if it were my own. I hope that by being very vigilant in all that I say and do, his inflated behavior might be reduced or avoided. I have to go now, for Eduard has just snapped back into my head.

No comments: