Tuesday, September 23, 2008

5 excuses

My reply was “hey I’m tired, I’ll talk to you later, goodnight. (1)” I stopped and thought for a second for I was full of energy. Thought of all the times it happened to me and decided to think ahead. So I erased it. I paused and started to brain storm as if there was a storm coming. The feeling erupted again. It has nothing to do with you, its figuring my self out. The question is how do I reply now? How do I answer to something so simple as the word “hey” reflected upon me. I couldn’t, so I started to write (2). Along came this word excuse. An excuse worth giving for it is deserved. An excuse so innocent I felt as if hell was appropriate for its actions. I wasn’t in the right state of mind so I decided to question my mind. Question its thought process. Blank! I am, and nothing else can interrupt, but this one memory. This memory that feels as if it was left to starve. I’m hungry again for that feeling, but not hungry enough (3). I toss and turn and blink repeatedly. What am I going to do? Time is moving and seconds are shifting and excuses are past due. For it is expensive to express your mind these days, we have a lot to loose (4). The reply I had thought of sending faded as the sheep came in, I must have fallen asleep thinking so much. “Five!” I spoke, Five! Five! FIVE! as I smiled my last smile for the morning. That would make it the fifth excuse. At last! I thought to myself, for I had not understood why my mind had gotten to this point.

No comments: