Tuesday, November 18, 2008

the party is here

There was a short silence followed by a horrible nightmare. It all happened at a point in my life where I had finally realized who I was becoming. Founded on a curious disbelief of always blending in, I knew I’d acted along the script's never ending lines. The luxuries of this feeling had erupted inside of me. I was those mildly depressed somewhere 20s people who spent most weekends in search of a good drink and a little something on the side. I had simply grown accustomed to this lifetime; a one night stand with my favorite drink. Surfing through endless conversations and blank stares, working my way up (after a few drinks) from a minor chat to landing a kiss. The patterns triumphs had short fits of suffocation before they regained consciousness; a state of mind I was used to. It was only later, after continuous nights and late mornings had I naturally imprisoned this satisfaction. A taste for urges only a woman can provide and alcohol can accommodate. There could be no question to why these moments, including my actions, have occurred. Startled at times, The locksmith had always left the key to these festivals at my disposal. And so I had thrown myself into this position, failed to be rescued by decisions. A more emphatic attraction slowly turned into cramped space, between the hypocrite laughs to shy intentions, they all began stretching and puffing up. The sounds and tunes instantly translated, by way of commissions, into a fulfillment placed on a bar table for the astonished and delighted ones that appreciated a coaster for their beer. By contrast, I did not relish the fresh me, I just moved on. See you guys tonight!

the party man

No comments: